Perfect Your Holiday Travel Outfit
Posted: Dec 09 2013
It’s the perfect winter vacation scenario: you’re bundled up by the cabin fireplace, hot cocoa in hand and stylish outfit on. That’s right — cold weather R&R doesn’t mean you can hang out in your PJs all day! Take a look at our comfy picks guaranteed to keep you both warm and stylish on your next winter getaway:
It’s no secret that a great sweater is a definite must-have when chilly temps hit. This version by Yoon, which features a cashmere blend and classic cable knit detailing, is our favorite option by far! Add on-trend faux leather pants and these black boots to add a touch of biker edge to the look. Finally, round out the neutral ensemble with a fleece-lined beanie (our pick in heather gray here, which is slouched to perfection)!
Dying to skip the bone-chilling cold and head for sunnier locales instead? We’ve got you covered there, too. Read on to see what to wear on your tropical escape:
This maxi dress by Finders Keepers is the perfect starting point for your beach-ready look. It’s simple yet elegant — not to mention, supremely flattering (tip: the deep v-neck opening is adjustable, so you can be as sexy or demure as you like). Pair this simple style with a sleek, fuss-free bracelet, like this one by the celebrity-approved brand CC Skye. Of course, you’ll need practical footwear to hit the sand. Your best bet? These flat sandals by Schutz – the sliver of silver on the heel adds a polished edge, and the tan color goes with just about everything. Lastly, a statement bauble like this ring by Noir Jewelry elevates the casual look and adds a touch of glam.
Now all you have to do is pack! Here are a few of our favorite packing dos and don’ts to ensure your trip goes off without a hitch:
1. DON’T fold your clothes. That’s right — rolling them takes up less space and prevents creases.
2. DO layer. You never know if the weather will fluctuate on your trip, so pack several layers just in case. Our favorite backup layer? Leggings of course! They’re great for wearing on the plane and for layering under jeans in case temperatures drop.
3. DON’T overpack. Plan your outfits from head to toe in advance. Trust us – this will make getting ready (and your schlep through the airport) so much faster!
4. DO make a list. So you don’t forget small but important things like phone chargers, contact lenses, headphones, and the like.
5. DON’T check your valuables. Stash them in your carry-on so you can keep an eye on them at all times. And by valuables, we don’t just mean jewels. Anything irreplaceable, high-end, vintage, or one of a kind deserves a seat next to you on the plane.